For the base:
1 packet of Thistlewood Low GI Mixed Berry Biscuits
6-8 tsp coconut oil (melted and slightly cooled)
For the filling:
1 can of coconut milk
1/3 cup Xylitol
Thistlewood Sugar Free Gooseberry Jam
To make the base:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grind Thistlewood biscuits in a food processor or blender. Mix until fine and soft in texture.
- Transfer crumbs to a mixing bowl and add coconut oil. Combine to form a slightly wet mixture. (If the mixture is too dry, add a little more coconut oil).
- Press mixture into base and sides of the mini tart tins.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool and set aside.
To make the coconut cream:
- Place a mixing in the freezer and a can of coconut milk in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Add water and ice to a bigger mixing bowl.
- Remove chilled bowl from freezer and place over the ice water.
- Add coconut cream and xylitol together. Whisk until creamy.
To assemble the tartlets:
- Spoon the freshly whipped coconut cream into the cooled tartlets.
- Top with Thistlewood Sugar Free Gooseberry Jam
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.
This gorgeous little treat is best served shared, and guilt free.